Sunday 28 May 2017

General clumsiness and roller derby

Thursday is going to be my 2  month anniversary since I started learning to skate.

I've worked out that due  to various injuries etc I have actually attended 9 sessions:

Session 1 -  got myself kitted up made it to the track and started skating - no problems which I think was the problem it gave them the wrong impression it made them think that I had some skills! Got cocky and face/boob planted! Cracked  my ribs which was confirmed by my GP a few days later!

Session 2 - footwork involved walking up and down and side to side on skates - no issues

Session 3 - fell over within minutes of arriving - damaged quad muscle in leg had to leave as couldn't walk after - sat in the car for abut 20 mins before attempting to drive home - badly.

Session 4 - after a 2 week break - managed to not fall and injure myself - go me but terrified of falling and therefore skating super slow

Session 5-6 - few gentle falls but nothing major

Session 7 - went a bit faster and then fell and landed on my ass - bruised my coccyx which for your information really fucking hurts - spent the rest of the week tying to find a comfy position to sit my ass in!

Session 8 - ass still sore - freaked out when being made to skate up close and personal through a pace line and being told to lean on someone - it was hot and sweaty and gross - opted out and sulked

Session 9 - feeling brave did all activities then fell over in slow motion - to save my ass I twisted and landed on my ankle - which I currently have strapped up, raised on a pillow with a side of ice in the desperate hope the swelling goes down and I can walk on it tomorrow! - continued skating as I thought it was a twist and everyone knows a twisted ankle only gets worse if you rest it right?

I've come to the conclusion that I am reliably uncoordinated and lacking in skills which sucks ass.

So basically I just need to breath and let myself go ass over tit and be cool with it - although I am really scared I will hurt someone else by accident


No comments:

Post a Comment