Friday 28 July 2017

New Tattoo :)

I  got my new tattoo on 17th July and I love <3 <3 <3 it.

As everyone knows I am a huge book worm and one of my favourite authors is Sir Terry Pratchett and his Discworld series.

I really wanted a tattoo to celebrate my love of this series :)

I wanted the Luggage as it's such an iconic instantly recognisable character but I also wanted to have it a little bit different to just the luggage running amok so I found a really cool fan drawing of the luggage and then put Rincewind the Wizzard (yes it does have 2 z's!) red hat on it.

So this was the original design:


And this is how it turned out:

At the tattoo studio after it was washed ready for wrapping

Unfortunately as usual I had an allergic reaction to the red ink and so it has taken a little while for it to calm down (I had a ring of red around the hat and a lot of scabbing on the hat)

Day 5 - allergic reaction starting around the hat and scabbing forming on it


But now 11 days on it is nearly healed - there are a couple of scaly patches left to shed off the hat but then it should be pretty much healed yay

Day 11 - all the black line work is healed - redness around the hat is nearly completely gone and 2 small patches of scaling left

I am really pleased with how it's turned out - the amount of detail in it is unreal and I can't praise my tattooist enough :) (by the way in case your wondering this was done by Kat Demon in Cardiff)

However, I am already thinking about what I want to get done next!

No comments:

Post a Comment