Saturday 14 January 2017

A wintry poem & comp entry

Safestore.co.uk currently have a competition running to write a poem about your favourite things about winter - the prize is a paperchase voucher - as I like stationery and have been known to occasionally string together some words in a rhyming manner I thought I'd give it a go - and to top it all off I decided to do it as an ode to one of my fave all time films (and stage productions) The Sound of Music.

I give you...

My Favourite Things ... the Limited Winter Edition

Crisp crunchy sidewalks and Christmas lights flashing
Parties and pantomimes, everyone dashing
Christmas and new year and all winter brings
These are a few of my favourite things

Windswept cold landscapes and white snow topped hills
Sledding and sleigh rides and quick downhill thrills
Snowmen and snow angels showing their wings
These are a few of my faourite things

Kids dress in costumes as angels and stars
Sheep and goats and kings from afar
Carols and songs that everyone sings
These are a few of my favourite things

When the wind howls, when the rain pours
When I'm feeling sad
I simply turn on the heating and close all the doors
And then I don't feel so bad







No comments:

Post a Comment